6 Ways to Save Money on Your Grocery Shopping
With the economy in the toilet and the cost of food increasing rapidly it is extremely important to save money where you can. Shopping smarter can be a great way for you to save money and here are some great tips on how you can save money when you are out shopping for food.
1. Don’t buy Junk. That’s right eating healthy is not only cheap but it is nutritious as well. Buying junk food is expensive and not necessary for your daily diet. Food such as fruit, Vegetables, shakes are not only cheaper but very filling. Eating junk food is only adding to unnecessary costs when you are shopping.
2. Don’t eat Popular Brands. Normally you have to pay full price for a branded cup or cereal. What food wholesalers don’t tell you is that cheap less known brands are expensive cereals just packaged differently. Buying expensive doesn’t always mean buying poor quality.
3. Take a list with you shopping. Always pre plan your list before you go shopping. Many people ignore this and do not understand it can save you a lot of money in the long run. Make a list, check it twice and only buy food that you need.
4. Take cash – don’t use credit cards. It is all too easy to dip in your wallet and pull out your credit card and pay for your groceries this way. Never pay for food with money you don’t have, always take money out first, carry your cash, and then you know how much money you can spend.
5. Look for bargains and discounts. Supermarkets always have discounts and buy one take 1 free shelves. Make sure you take advantage of this. But remember it’s not a bargain if you are buying something you don’t need.
6. By teams, frozen, and Dried food. You will notice these food items are cheaper and also healthier. When food is phrased it retains its nutrients than if it was left at room temperature. Canned food is less likely to cause poisoning. Dried food tends to make food more flavourful. And you tend to eat less to get the same amount of satisfaction.
Obviously we can’t survive without food. But there are ways to shop efficiently and without breaking the budget. As the economy deteriorates It is important that you stock up on food, water and other essentials. That means you will be very prepared in case of economic collapse.